Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Diagnostic Essay: Super Powers






29 August 2009


Never in my wildest dreams would I ever think that something so amazing could happen to me. You only see or hear about people with special abilities or superpowers in movies and books. And you think to yourself if I only could have those abilities and you stop to think about all the things you would do with them. Never thinking about all the problems these superpowers could cause.

It was a Friday morning nothing was different about that morning that I could remember. Got out of bed and started my usual morning routine; shower, brush my teeth, and fix myself some breakfast. There were no signs that something had happen to me over night. On Friday’s I do not have to work so I always sit at my bay window, eat my breakfast, and think about what I am going to do for the day. While eating breakfast nothing came to mind, so I decide to go to the park for a little excise. I went and put my dishes in the dishwasher and put some clothes on and head to the park. When I got to the park I started off with a light jog then built my way up to a nice running pace. While running I notice that I was moving very fast, and the thing around me did not look like they were moving at all, so I stop and I notice that I never seen this place before. How did I get here I ask myself but I had no idea. How was I going to get back home? Just then an idea pop into my head I will try running the opposite way and see what will happen. When I stop running I look around I was back at the park. I look at my watch and I notice that only two minutes had past. I walk to my apartment and sit down and think what just happen to me. How can I move that fast? I do not know but what I do know is that I can move as fast as lighting. A weird smile came across my face, and then an idea came to my mind I will travel I will go to places I always wanted to go like New York and Vegas. I pack something’s I knew I was going to need like money, credit cards, cell phone and my driver's license. When I got back to the park there were a lot of people at the park, so I tried to find a place where I did not see anybody and I just started running. I make it to New York and Vegas and had a great time. I went back to the place where I came in at and started running so I could get back to the park. When I got back to the park it was dark, but I could see a man in front of me I thought he was sleep but he was not. He came up to me and said, “I have been waiting for you to come back I knew I was not crazy I saw you running and then you disappear.” I ask him, “what do you want from me?” He then went on to tell me he wanted me to steal money and if I do not do it then he would let everyone know my secret. I decide not to help him. I left the man standing there and went home and lock my self in my apartment. The next morning I got up and turned the T.V on and there was a picture of me on it. Then I hear a knock on my door but I did not answer, but they did not go away the kept on knocking until they knock the down. These people were dressed in all black, and told me I had to come with them. They bought me to this white build where they started running all these test on me. They told me they would not stop until I told them where the source of my powers came from. I told them everything I knew but they did not believe me.

That man from the park got T.V time and his money for selling picture of me. And I got nothing but to be locked up like a cage animal. Superpower or abilities whatever you want to call them are great when you can use them. I only used my powers one time and I have been lock up every since then. I do not know if I will ever get out of here, but when I do I will not be using this special ability any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment